- 2 eggs
- 16 buttery crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 3x7 inch loaf pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl to mix. Whisk in the cracker crumbs, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and sage. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the Swiss cheese to use as a topping, and stir the rest into the egg mixture along with the ground beef. Pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). About 2 minutes before the meatloaf is ready, sprinkle with the reserved Swiss cheese, and return to the oven until melted.